Doctors Website | Online Reputations - Part 2
In this video, I have furnished the complete modules overview of the website and their usability with loads of example.
The medical-website and its standard modules are designed to achieve 3 main goals:
1. Professional first impression for new patients
2. Keep in touch and better care of existing patients
3. Online Branding
To achieve these 3 purposes, here I have listed 10 standard modules which are imperative for any medical-practitioner website.
1. The impressive first fold of the website.
The first impression is very crucial on the Internet, and you have to make it within a few seconds. The first fold of the website should be planned and indicated exactly what quality and type of care you offer to your patients. Accordingly, the minimalistic but meaningful logo, tagline, and banners should be designed. The visitors should recognize that they’ve found what they were actually looking for.
2. Contact Info and Opening Hours.
Phone Number, Address and Opening hours are considerably vital info on these websites. Specifically, the phone number has to be set somewhere in both the header and footer section. The address and opening hours must be there on each page. If they are difficult to accommodate in the header section, they must not miss the footer area. The contact us page should have the Google map along with other contact info. It is reasonable to have a small contact form on that specific page.
3. Appointment Booking Forms
This module will provide you the power to automate the patients' appointment management. Even you don't need to take the phone calls. Future appointments further can be managed through the proper appointment booking modules. Value-added apps can remind patients automatically about their upcoming appointment through Push-notifications, SMS or emails.
4. Responsive Design
Nowadays 80% of Internet users are from mobile devices. Google and other search engines give it more priority as well. The medical website should be responsive and render its design seamlessly as per the different screen sizes. Your patients must not face any challenge to retrieve information from your practice’s website.
5. Specialized Services Offered
It’s essential that your site showcases your specialized areas of practice. Your specialization in medical fields will give patients some extra trust. People are searching for their health issues on Google. If they find your specialization exactly satisfies their expectation, then there will be a strong possibility that they will convert into your potential patient.
6. Structured Credentials and Achievements
This is an essential part of any medical-practice website. Your biography, achievements, education, certifications, and association with different health care institutions need to be well cited. In this section, your self-picture is a must but a nice video with self-intro can give this some further prominence.
7. Frequently Asked Questions
This module is very important to provide extra value to your newer or existing patients. Frequently asked questions are related to different procedures, instructions and other pieces of information like:
1. Appointment procedures
2. Patient instructions
3. Do's and don'ts
4. Accepted health insurance list
You can also include a 3rd party HIPAA compliant app for more detailed but protected patient portal.
8. Blog with Comments Facility
A well - written and informative blog can result in tremendous visibility in search engines. Blogs can be related to most important and relevant topics and may cover up the latest medical trends, treatments, and procedures. Blogging can help doctors several ways like:
1. It can increase your visibility in search engines.
2. It can help to attract new patients.
3. It can also save your time in the future process.
Building your network through blogging can further assist you professionally, by developing your contacts and steady referrals.
9. Embed videos from Own YouTube Channel
Videos for each section of your website will be just awesome. If they belong to your own channel, then that would be undoubtedly an excellent approach. This not only makes your pages lucrative but promote your channel as well. Many are simply curious about what the doctor looks like or want to take a glimpse inside the clinic facility. You can use YouTube to increase your brand value and help people to perceive that you and your staffs are very affable, and accessible easily.
10. Patients Testimonial
90% of potential patients read online reviews of their doctor prior to making an appointment.
Clearly, there are significant benefits from encouraging your patients to write unbiased reviews and testimonials for your healthcare practice.
1. It can obtain more clarity for your practice on Google.
2. Patients testimonials can be used for promoting your practice.
3. It helps to increase the patient's trust.
4. Increase your brand awareness.
5. Boost your online reputation.
Apart from all these 10 standard modules for your website, there are a few necessary checklists you have to follow.
1. The speed of your website. There is a Google tool called "PageSpeed Insights" where you can test your website’s speed performance. The speed should be at least 90% as per the Google terms.
2. SSL / HTTPS: The website should open in a secure HTTPS connection.
3. HTTP/2: The server should support the latest HTTP/2.
4. Gzip compression: it will boost your website loading speed.
5. Proper caching of files: It will stop unwanted processing time for static contents.
6. Progressive Web Apps / PWA: It helps your website to perform like a native mobile app.
7. Content Delivery Network or CDN: It will speed your website to load in different geographical locations.
8. Website icons: There should be all sizes icons specified for different devices with the manifest file.
9. Open graphics code: This will make your website link sharing easy and meaningful.
10. JSON-LD Structured Data: It helps Google and other search engines to crawl the basic info of the pages easily.